What Is Workers’ Compensation?
Facilitated by the Maine Workers’ Compensation Board, workers’ compensation provides an injured worker a percentage of his or her income and payments for medical treatment arising form an injury on the job.
At Shankman & Associates, we are experienced with the workers’ compensation process. We understand that it can be complicated, depending on your injury.
Workers’ compensation enables workers to be paid up to 66 percent of their weekly wages and all medical bills for treatment are usually covered. Contact us when problems such as these arise:
- Your employer has not reported your injury to the Maine Workers’ Compensation Board.
- Your benefits are modified or terminated by your employer’s insurance company.
- You are deemed able to return to work before your physician has cleared you for work.
- The insurer disputes your medical treatment or minimizes your claim of permanent impairment.
- You want to settle, but are not sure if it is in your best interest to do so.
How Will I Pay For A Lawyer If I Am Not Working?
If we assist you with your workers’ compensation case, we only get paid if you receive benefits or settle your claim.